Nairobi

Nairobi
My view

Monday, March 7, 2011

A FAMOUS BRIDE

This year I am getting rid of all unnecessary refuse. Meaning anything that does not add value to my life has to go. I hear that is what they call living a clutter free life. 2010 I had blessings upon blessings, opportunities taken and some wasted but I still made mistakes and blunders which I shall not disclose *self slap*. For 2011, I retire from being a love doctor and attempting to solve all manner of people’s emotional problems, and I'm definitely going to surprise many people. So what seems to be the problem when it comes to our two principles and getting rid of dead weight. I understand there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics but when you eat it does not mean that I have to go to the toilet. My analogy is thus, as a wife you cannot keep packing your clothes and threatening to leave your husband every day for 3 years. If you are tired, there is the door. Leave and forever hold your peace.


I once had a status update on my Facebook that was coined by Rennie Ellis and stated " Beer has long been the prime lubricant in our social intercourse and the sacred throat anointing fluid that accompanies the ritual of mateship. To sink a few cold ones with the blokes is both an escape and a confirmation of belonging." That piece summaries what having a beer is to Kenyans at the end of a long and hard working day. A privilege that has been taken from us without thought, apology or explanation. The feeble attempts we have received are like the stories your parents used to tell you as a kid and when you asked why, all you got was the provable because I said so and I am the adult. One question i do have for the makers of this backward and self serving law is this, what happens to institutions that were there before the schools i.e the bar that has always operated and employs people both directly and indirectly through sales and distribution, do we tell all this people i am sorry but you being jobless and unemployment rising as the recession begins to recede (incidentally defies economic trends and patterns) is none of our fault. Stop being lazy and relying on alcohol (pun intended) and go get a job.


Now top a company that has gained special status in my life and the a 1001 canes for there deliberate and methodical pyramid scheme like behavior. Zuku and Wananchi Group. How does someone pay you 2 months ago and to date getting a straight answer concerning services that were not rendered is more complex than trying to figure out if women are from mars and men from Venus shit. Let me tell you a story as you munch on your popcorn, there exists many ISP and internet service providers who I believe are trying and in todays buyers market I reserve the right to move on to the next if services are not rendered in a timely and orderly manner.


Once upon a time there was a company called Wananchi Group that had a subsidiary called Zuku. Zuku was an internet and cable television company or so the advertising seemed to suggest to the gullible public and myself. They marketed and sent a lady to come and spin a yarn about there beauty and court me, and what a seduction it was. They then sent a young man to discuss the terms of dowry and mode (mainly payment and in cash) for the bride that was named fiber optics and cable TV. We had all heard of this beauty and wanted to see for ourselves what the hulla ball was about. Once the terms were agreed and wedding date set, I settled back to wait on the date with anticipation and glee of how I would ravish her and enjoy to my fill as I drunk from that seemingly bottomless cup. But alas it was not meant to be. Thus began the trial and tribulations of trying to find out what could have happened to my rose. Two months later I get connected by chance and the grace of God and then some fellow calls you and acts like he has done you a favor and you should marry him. What bollocks. I am still looking to have a chat with their HR and Training manager concerning the monkey behavior exhibited by the staff.


Moving on swiftly and leaving the bitter taste in my mouth behind, How can the so called 7th richest person in Kenya SK Macharia be declared bankrupt? Weeks later I am still in shock. It goes to show that the rich also cry or is it have issues. He controls and enjoys the biggest share of the media cake in Kenya and I think that is how he came to owe so much money. He lost a court battle that requires him to pay, get this 394 million to 3 state corporations KBC, CCK, Telkom Kenya and another 30 million to transport company Ocean Freight. As a result auctioneers had been instructed to seize the company’s moveable property to recover the debt. Since they are still on air, I assume they sorted it out and renewed by faith in being rich and lazy in Kenya.


BTW I thought Telkom was bought by the French or was that a rumor and they are still government owned?



No comments:

Post a Comment